Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wal-Mart and kids just don't mix!!

What is it about Wal-Mart that brings out the absolute WORST in your kids? Is there something in the air as you enter the building that over takes them and makes them act out in an unrecognizable fashion? Seriously?!! I know my last post was about how great Hewitt had been acting but we have a HARD, HARD weekend. There was a lot of temper tantrums, tears, screams, and hitting (several hits to Hewitt's mom's face which doesn't go over well at all!!). So...Wal-Mart...we made it through about half of the store (maybe 15 minutes) and when I informed him that we were not buying the musical 'Scooby Doo' card he let out a loud, irritating wail that could be heard throughout the store (you know the kind that makes your face start to turn red and you think, "This isn't happening to me, is it?"). I pushed the cart into an unoccupied corner of the store and pleaded, yelled and bribed to no avail...the screaming/wailing continued through the aisles, up to the checkout, out the door, in the car, and FINALLY stopped within a few miles of our house. I tried to make little to no eye contact with anyone in the store for fear that they would give me their wonderful parenting advice...everyone knows how to raise kids when they see a child freaking out in a public place!! Some days are mentally exhausting and this happened to be one of them. I had a good 4-5 days under my belt, things were bound to go down hill at some point. We are preparing for Hewitt's 2nd set of tubes on October 26...I am hoping that this helps my little guy!! Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment