Friday, October 16, 2009

The clouds parted and the sun shined down on me!!



There have been days when I would dread getting out of bed and facing another day with a crabby little boy...this week however, I feel blessed. We went to 3 playdates throughout the week and Hewitt was such a wonderful kid. Obviously, he had his moments throughout the day where he lost it but what 2.5 year old doesn't? I was such a proud mother this week...proud of my little guy for sharing and using nice words and being a total sweetheart. I just put him down for his nap and he said, "I love you mom" and I said, "I love you more" and he giggled and said, "NOOOO, I love you more!". These are the days that I let me heart take a picture because everyday won't be easy but the bottom line is kids are amazing little miracles, even the cranky ones. Moms are somehow able to forget all the hard days and sleepness nights and want to have another child...isn't that incredible?!! Hewitt's grandma called last night and said, "Be thankful that he is healthy" and I do feel blessed to have 2 wonderful, healthy children. I have an amazing family with an awesome sense of humor (hence the book about my Horrible Hewitt)...if we didn't have a sense of humor, I wouldn't have made it this far. My little guy has given me a run for my money and I am sure there will be even harder days ahead but today I thank God for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment