Monday, November 9, 2009

A WEEK AWAY FROM MY BOY!!

We Missed You Hewie!!
Hewitt and Harper (Anakin Skywalker) were all hugs!!

My husband, Jim, had a drawing convention last week in Sandusky, OH...home to the one of the Kalahari Hotel/Waterparks. We decided we would make the trek with Harper, our 5 year old daughter, but leave Mr. Hewitt at home with my wonderful sisters and my mother-in-law. Having family close by is a true Godsend...not only to help you out in situations like this but just for the overall support that you get from family members in general. The day before we left I was having serious 2nd thoughts about leaving my boy for an entire week. Hewitt and I are normally connected at the hip...he is my right hand man during the day (not by choice but by obligation of being his mom...am I allowed to say that outloud?!). Anyway, I was truly sad to leave him and worried that NO ONE would be able to deal with his crazy quirks and general unhappy personality!! Well, I am proud to say he did great...OR my family is good at lying to me about what he was really like. In any case, I think it was good for him and I to have some time away and it was such a rush of happiness when we picked him up on Saturday morning. I was so excited to see his sweet, little smile and unusually large head (he really does have a large head...I have been told by his pediatrician...I am not being mean!!). Obvisouly by Sunday the RUSH had worn off and Hewitt had settled back into his normal, cranky attitude. He was able to perfect his right hook while we were away, so his punching has a bit more of a sting to it...which is important when you are 2.5 years of age = ) All in all it was an accomplishment for me to leave him for a week, I now know I can do it and live to tell about it!!
P.S. Haven't noticed much improvement since Hewitt had the tubes put in...he has been saying that things are "too loud" which is a change. We have a follow up appointment in 2 weeks so I will keep my fingers crossed.



No comments:

Post a Comment