Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What a memory!!

Happy Thanksgiving!! I am so grateful for my family and the fact that we all have a good sense of humor. Our house is often filled with laughter and that makes any day better!!

Let me start by saying that Hewitt the Horrible has an incredible memory. If you slip up and say something bad, he will quote you for the next several days, weeks or maybe even months. He still walks around the house and says, "Cullen said poopy head!", Cullen being his cousin and the poopy head comment was said about 6 months ago. I think his wonderful memory will be an assett to him in his later life...remembering birthdays, anniversaries (good husband trait!), and who doesn't love the relative that brings up an odd comment that you made years ago?! The problem with his wonderful memory is when we go to the doctor. Hewitt has been going to the doctor for ear infections since he was about 6 weeks old, he is familiar with the building and the faces that he sees on a frequent basis. Today we went to see his ENT doctor for a follow up on his surgery for his tubes. I explained that we needed to make sure he can hear well and the doctor wanted to check his ears...he was okay UNTIL he saw the doctor's familiar face. The minute the doctor walked in, Hewitt started screaming at the top of his lungs. Most of the appointments that I take Hewitt to follow the same protocol...he is apprehensive in the waiting area and when the nurse calls his name and he recognizes her face he starts screaming. I have told the doctors and nurses that they should wear masks because this is a 2 year old that doesn't forget a face. I dread the doctor's office as much as Hewitt...but I dread it because of the blood curdling screams that come out of my boy's mouth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment