Saturday, September 5, 2009

'Hewitt the Horrible'...what's it all about?


Ever been to a store and hear that kid screaming his head off? Ever been to the park and see the kid who is having a meltdown while all the other kids have fun? Ever been to church or the library and you hear a child crying the entire time? That's my boy...give us a wave next time you see us!!

Let me start by saying 'Hewitt the Horrible' is my son and little did I know that February 14, 2007 would change my outlook on children and what I thought I knew about children. All of this, the blog and the book, was brought about because there were days when I was fairly certain I would lose my mind spending one more day with him. I am blessed to have 2 wonderful children and I have also been blessed by being able to stay at home the past year...little did I know what I was in for. 'Hewitt the Horrible' is just that...he is my little, mean, unhappy, whiny guy. He makes going anywhere exhausting and sometimes flat out miserable. I finally reached my breaking point and thought if I don't do something with this guilt, anger, misery...my husband might find a note one morning and I would be gone. I decided to write a book about Hewitt, a book that hopefully will help him...and help me. It has been very therapeutic being able to write this book...when Hewitt is having one of his outbursts I think to myself, "How can I add this to the book?". It has helped me get through another day.
P.S. Having an artistic husband who has agreed to do all artwork for the book makes writing a children's book A LOT easier!!




No comments:

Post a Comment